Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hello from Youghal





We made it to Youghal and I was very pleasantly surprised, that our apartment is oceanfront, with a tremendous view of the Atlantic! I knew the hotel was on the ocean, but assumed the apartments would be stuck in the back somewhere. Not so, I don't even have to leave our rooms to hear the sea! The weather has been back and forth between rain and sunshine, which is common for Ireland. Sunday was beautiful, we went to Church, walked on the beach and then took a small trip to the town of Ardmore. Mike and I stayed in Ardmore on our first visit to Ireland. The hotel we stayed in has been replaced with a beautiful new hotel that hangs over a cliff. Almost all the roofs are green! The town has a beautiful 5k cliff walk, and Sunday was a beautiful day for it. It ends in their old church cemetary and round tower from the 12th century. I have added some pictures of carving on the church of Solomon and the two ladies claiming they were both mothers of the same child, and of the magi. There is also a picture of the Rock of Cashel. It is huge and towers over the city. My pictures don't do it justice. We will finish the week in Youghal and then move to Dublin to catch the plane home. Time has gone by much faster than I would have ever imagined.

4 comments:

TPQ said...

dear mamaw,
In kindergarten today we got to try the violin with Mrs. Linda. It was also library day. we read books. we made scarecrows. I typed that last sentence because I also have learned all my uppercase letters. Can't wait to see you Monday. I love you.

Love, sophia

Mike and Lisa Bowling said...

Dear Sophia,
Your uncle Jordan played the violin when he was your age. He learned to play "Hot Cross Buns". We can't wait to see you as well. I am proud that you have already learned your uppercase letters. Good job! Kiss Alice and Sim.

Mike and Lisa Bowling said...

Joe or Mary,
We can't find John and Rachel's email. Where did you send it?

Anonymous said...

they posted it on the your Dingle entry from Oct. 1st. See you soon.