Monday, September 15, 2008

Achill Island

We've moved a little south to Achill Island. It is pretty remote with beautiful landscape and the ocean all around us. Our house is right on the bay. It is pretty today, sunny but cool, probably in the high 50's.

Sounds like the day of caring went well at the daycare, I hear I can see it on WTHR's web. I hated to hear it rained. Geri said the kids are all ready enjoying the new homeliving in the 2's.

We are hoping to accomplish the hike up the mountain of Croaig Patrick, it is a place of pilgrimage for many people every year. Most do it barefoot. I'll be lucky to do it. I am trying to save my knees for Michael Skellig in Kerry. It was an island community of monks in the 6th century.

Hope all is well, we truly missed our family at Englewood on Sunday. We're resting, Mike is writing. Belated happy birthday to Sophia and Nanziwe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Croaig Patrick,isn't that the gm of the Pittsburgh Penguins?

Anonymous said...

you beat me to it. I was just about to post that same statement.

Mike and Lisa Bowling said...

Your dad says you're both worthless! We went for a "look see" of Croaig Patrick today and I think I could walk to Pittsburgh faster! Mike says he'll drag we up but I think I would be tired before you got to the real starting point. I was winded walking to the visitors center!